We Are Hiring: Communications Manager
An opportunity has arisen for a part-time Commincations Manager with Housing Association for Integrated Living (HAIL).
Responsible/Reporting to: CEO
Job purpose: A lead role in the development and implementation of all communication activities carried out by HAIL
Salary Scale: Please contact for further information
Job Information: This is a part-time post for 3 days per week (21 hours)
HAIL is a dynamic and growing Approved Housing Body with a strong reputation in providing both quality housing and floating tenancy sustainment support services to people with mental health difficulties. We currently manage over 360 tenancies in the East Coat.
HAIL’s mission is to provide housing and individually tailored services to support people, primarily those with mental health difficulties, to integrate and live independent lives in the community.
The primary function of this role is to lead and manage the implementation of all communication activities for the organisation. This strategic role will include managing HAIL’s internal and external communications, liaising with funders, partners and stakeholders, organising events and supporting the preparation of communications outputs (e.g. articles, videos, news items, social media).
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead on the implementation and update of HAIL’s Communication Strategy and Crisis Management Plan.
- Assist the CEO and Management Team in raising the profile of HAIL with key funders and stakeholders.
- Work with colleagues in developing and managing the content of publications such as the Annual Report, HAIL’s tenants newsletter and other branding materials, from initial concept through to production and distribution.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with broadcast and print media, in order to raise HAIL’s profile and expand its media attention in a manner that respects the privacy of HAIL’s tenants and clients.
- Develop and maintain HAIL’s online presence via the website and various social media platforms, to ensure fidelity to HAIL’s strategic objectives.
- Liaise with the media, draft and issue press releases as required.
- Represent HAIL at relevant events and in press, radio etc;
- Oversee HAIL’s branding and ensure consistency of the use of the brand.
- Lead the internal staff communications group and manage internal communications including the quarterly staff newsletter.
- Keep a breast of policy themes and trends affecting those HAIL work with.
- Monitoring and evaluating all communications activity, reporting evidence of impact and making recommendations for future work.
- Support HAIL tenants and clients to tell their stories to the media through training and mentoring.
- Being the spokesperson or Identifying spokespersons within the organisation when needed and prepping them before interviews.
- In conjunction with all services within HAIL develop and maintain a list of stakeholders and other personnel, who are relevant to HAIL’s strategic objectives.
- Take a lead role and support other staff in the development of HAIL’s core communications message (to external agencies).
- Proactively create opportunities to promote HAIL.
- Work with and support other staff, in their communications with external agencies, as required.
- Manage organisational events that involve the celebration and/or promotion of the work of HAIL.
- To undertake such other duties as might be reasonably assigned from time to time in consultation with your Manager.
Person Specification - Key requirements for this post are;
1. Qualifications (University & Other College/Course Qualifications)
A relevant third level qualification in communications, journalism, PR or equivalent field
2. Experience, Knowledge & Skills
The Applicant must have proficient experience, knowledge and skills in the following areas to be deemed suitable for this position.
- At least five years relevant work experience in the area of communications;
- Experience of leading and managing communications projects;
- Good knowledge of the not for profit/charity sector. It would be desirable to have experience working in a housing and/or mental health environment;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Motivated, energetic and results driven;
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other staff;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Experience in working on campaigns using traditional and digital marketing tactics;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent IT skills with experience developing websites and social networking for organisational objectives;
- Experience in evaluating communications activity and reporting evidence of impact;
- Ability to monitor and respond to changes in the sector, and maximise new opportunities;
- Creativity and an ability to generate engaging communication messages;
- Experience in a growing and changing organsiation.
- Full clean Irish driving license is required.
What we offer you
Work in a growing and changing environment with a dynamic team
A chance to help change peoples lives in a meaningful way
A competitive salary
Pension & other benefits
24 days leave (pro rata 14.5)
Development & training opportunities
The Salary will be commensurate with the experience of the individual appointed and in line with the Organisation’s salary scale.
Payable Monthly, paid in arrears.
Payable on 26th of the month by Credit Transfer
Please send your C.V. and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th May 2019. Only those shortlisted for interview will be responded to.
HAIL is an equal opportunities employer.