We are Hiring: Prison In-Reach Housing Support Worker
Applications are invited for the post of Prison In-Reach Housing Support Worker with HAIL’s Prison In-Reach Community and Court Liaison Team
Full Time - Temporary 12 month contract - Maternity Cover
HAIL is looking for an experienced, skilled and highly organised person to support vulnerable people released from prison to access accommodation.
The position is a temporary covering maternity leave, but it will provide the successful candidate with excellent experience of the court and prison system and its management of offenders with mental health difficulties.
HAIL - Housing Association for Integrated Living, has over 34 years’ experience and a strong reputation in providing both quality housing and floating support services to persons with Mental Health Issues in their own homes across Dublin, Kildare, Louth, Limerick and Portlaoise.
The Prison In-Reach Community and Court Liaison Service (PICCLS) service supports people with diagnosed mental health difficulties who are being released from prison to source accommodation and appropriate support services. The service also provides post-release community support to a percentage of these clients.
Prison In-Reach Housing Support Worker
Will be responsible for supporting individuals in accessing appropriate accommodation in the community on release from custody. They will complete housing needs assessments with each individual referred to the service in order to identify their support needs regarding accommodation on release.
They will meet clients in prison and in court and perform as a member of a multidisciplinary team; attending team meetings and inter-agency meetings in order to contribute to the holistic care-planning for each individual referred to the service.
They will develop and maintain positive working relationships with relevant housing agencies nationwide to ensure that each individual has appropriate accommodation on release.
They will be responsible for the accurate recording of all interventions with clients (Salesforce) and will liaise with key agencies to ensure welfare payments are made on release and that clients obtain necessary identification. They will support clients to attend follow up community Mental Health appointments and probation appointments.
If you are interested in joining our team you must have at least 5 years’ experience in Homeless/Housing Services and specific relevant experience of more than 3 years in the field of Mental Health Recovery Promotion.
Applicants should hold a recognised relevant third level qualification and/or a FETAC Level 7 Qualification in Social Care.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience (5 years+) of working with people with mental ill health and other complex needs
- Extensive experience (5 years+) of both or either the Homeless/housing sector
- Experience (5 years) of developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders in the homeless sector
- Experience in developing individual management strategies and plans for service users with complex needs
- A working knowledge of housing resettlement models
- Working knowledge of mental health services
- Experience in providing access to specialist services for clients facing barriers to independent living such as drug, alcohol and / or physical health issues.
- Ability to maintain detailed case records to record client service admission, interventions and relevant subsequent outcomes
- An understanding of Preventative strategies in the context of housing clients with complex and challenging needs
- 2 years’ experience of the criminal justice system
- Use of a car and a clean driving licence is essential.
Salary Scale: €35,719 pro rata
Please send your CV and letter of Application to email@example.com by 5pm on 17th July 2019
HAIL is an equal opportunities employer