We're Hiring a 'New Business Development Lead'
Vacancy: New Business Development Lead
Job Purpose Summary
The New Business Development Lead will be responsible for the sourcing and delivery of new housing development opportunities for HAIL. Currently HAIL does not develop properties on its own account and whilst this may change in time, the primary source of new units will be via acquisitions of turnkey properties and the acquisition and refurbishment of properties.
Your primary role will be to support the CEO to find and deliver a pipeline of social housing projects. You will have responsibility for the management of the delivery of identified projects within the existing programme. As a result, you will be responsible for a range of delivery processes such as project administration, funding applications, internal and external approvals and liaising with HAILs internal services for all projects.
Reporting to the CEO, the New Business Development Lead will form part of HAIL’s Extended Management Team. They will be responsible for keeping the Management Team up to date on all housing development related matters.
Full Job Description attached here
Key Role and responsibilities
1. New Business
- Identifying and securing new housing development opportunities in line with HAILs Development and Growth Plan
- Liaising with developers, estate agents, other AHBs and Local Authorities regarding potential opportunities
- Negotiating with relevant parties in consultation with the CEO
- Liaising with the support services section with regard to assessing demand and requirements for supported housing
- Raising the profile of HAIL with assistance from the Communications Manager
- Assisting in the drafting and updating of PR documentation including leaflets, adverts, videos
2. Management of Development Projects
- Managing development projects including acquisition of turnkey projects, off the shelf acquisition of existing units including refurbishments. This may include overseeing the design team in the delivery of design and build projects if appropriate development opportunities arise.
- Managing key scheme deliverables with relevant approvals from CEO i.e. contract signing, CALF/CAS/HFA submissions ensuring as far as practicable that all project milestones are met
- Collating information for feasibility studies, risk assessments, project appraisals incorporating detailed financial modelling in consultation with the Head of Finance
- Organising valuations and surveys as needed
- Assisting the Head of Finance in the preparation of funding bids for the Housing Finance Agency (HFA), Banking Institutions and the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage (DHLGH)
- Providing detailed project reports for Board and Committee approval
- Working with HAIL’s solicitors on the delivery of schemes
- Scheduling and attending pre & post contract meetings with all stakeholders as required
- Providing the CEO with regular updates on progress and highlighting any potential issues with delivery or key milestones
- Co-ordinating scheme completions and handovers including liaising with Housing Services and Support Services
- Coordinating and engaging in community consultation exercises as required
- Overall responsibility and performance management of contractors delivering projects
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements, including staying informed on all relevant legislation and drafting policy which enables compliance with new legislation and policy
3. Organisational and Managerial
- Contribute to the business planning and strategic planning process
- Actively contribute in assisting HAIL deliver on the aims and objectives of the organisation
- Oversee the management and support of the Development Officer
- Leading on the drafting of relevant development policies and procedures
- Attendance at sector meetings, working groups, forums etc; representing HAIL
- Implementing HAILs Health & Safety Policy and Procedures, ensuring that all practices and procedures are undertaken in accordance with ensuring a healthy and safe working environment
- Liaising with the finance team on annual budget management/budget setting
- Ensuring value for money in the development service
- Ensuring audit information/filing is stored and kept up to date for each scheme
The salary will be commensurate with the experience of the individual appointed and in line with the Organisations salary scale.
- Flexible working hours
- 24 annual leave days plus 3 Company days
- Company Pension Scheme with current contributions rates of 6% employer contribution and 6% employee contribution
- Death in Service Benefit
- Health insurance for serious illness
- Training and development
- Paid expenses
Please send a cover letter and a detailed CV, referencing HAIL:NBDL2021, outlining your experience skills and suitability for the position for the attention of Martina Smith, CEO at email@example.com .
For queries relating to the role please contact Martina Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 6718444 in confidence – Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm, Friday 18th June 2021.
HAIL is an Equal Opportunities Employer
HAIL is an Approved Housing Body with over 400 properties in the Greater Dublin area HAIL’s mission is to provide housing and individually tailored support services to support tenants and clients, primarily those with mental health difficulties, to integrate and live independent lives in the community. HAIL’s vision is to be the provider of choice for housing and support for people with mental health difficulties, enabling them to achieve and sustain independent living in the community by having secure, quality, affordable accommodation with appropriate support services tailored to their needs.