Tenant Centre


In this section, you will find information relating to your tenancy.

Here you can download the Tenant Handbook which is a complete guide to your tenancy with HAIL. You can report a repair, report anti-social behaviour, request a transfer and download forms.

If you cannot find the help you need here, you can contact the HAIL Head Office on 01 6718444 or contact your Housing Officer.

missionReport a Repair

For information on how to report a repair and to send a maintenance request through our website 



If your circumstances have changed and if you need a transfer, visit this section for more information. 


Tenant Handbook & Forms

To download a copy of the tenant handbook and other useful forms, visit this section 


Anti-Social Behaviour

Here you can find out more about Anti-Social Behaviour and what to do. You can download diary sheets here. 

Frequently Asked Questions

If you have a question that has not been answered here, or in your Tenant Handbook, please contact us on 01 6718444

How is my rent calculated and how do I pay my rent?

Your rent is set in line with the funding that was provided to HAIL to build or purchase your home. For more information, consult the HAIL Tenant Handbook. Your rent may be reviewed annually and it is important that you provide us with all the relevant information in order to have your rent assessed correctly. If there are changes in your circumstances, please contact us.

There are a number of ways in which you can pay your rent. We encourage you to pay through the Household Budget Scheme or by Standing Order.

What is a service charge and do I have to pay one?

In some cases, you may be required to pay a service charge in addition to your rent. This will be a contribution towards any service charge affecting the property you rent. The service charge may include the following;

  • Waste disposal
  • Communal cleaning
  • Communal gardening
  • Window cleaning
Can I keep a pet?

You will need to contact your Housing Officer for permission if you wish to keep a pet. However, we consider the welfare of the animal and the impact on neighbours as a priority.

Can I carry out alterations to my home?

You need to contact your Housing Officer to discuss your plans and to get permission in writing before carrying out any alterations in your home. Should your mobility requirements change, following an assessment by your Occupational Therapist, and your home needs to be adapted in some way (for example; changes in bathroom facilities), you should begin the process by speaking with your Housing Officer who will advise and guide you through the process.

Can I add someone onto my tenancy?

You must apply in writing to HAIL to amend your Tenancy Agreement. Please refer to the HAIL Tenant Handbook for further information.

How do I end my tenancy?

To end your tenancy, you must contact HAIL and inform us in writing, giving us relevant notice before the date you wish to end your tenancy. The required notice periods differ depending on how long you have lived in your HAIL home. Information on the required notice period can be found in your Tenancy Agreement. Refer to the HAIL Tenant Handbook for further information.